Friday, December 5, 2008

Molly

Lala decided she is getting this American Doll for Christmas. She tells everyone she is getting this doll. I explained that Molly is very expensive and I won't buy her this doll until she is older and can take care of her. She quickly told me it was okay if I didn't buy this doll because Santa would bring her Molly. I told her I didn't think Santa would bring her Molly. She assured me he will bring Molly. She randomly asked me if Santa was at the mall. I said I think he is at the mall. She asked if we could go see him. I asked why she wanted to see him. She said just to make sure he would bring Molly. Lala is 38 months old. It cracks me up that she is so absolutely positive Molly will be here for Christmas. She tells everyone she sees that she is getting Molly for Christmas.
I'm pretty sure Santa will bring Molly, and be glad she isn't asking him to bring a pony or something like that.
She tells me today she has e-mail on her little computer. Dear and I are amazed how different the world we live in these days is from the one where we grew up.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Seriously, I cannot see any way around having to get her the Molly doll! She has you in a corner. If you (Santa) doesn't come through...you'll have nothing to hold over her head next year. You know...Santa is watching. Yeah right mom, Santa is a sham! Merry Christmas!

laurice. said...

awww. I had Samantha when I was a little girl. I remember loving her and having to get all the clothes and bedroom sets thinking it was so cool.

Cass said...

Have you seen the miniature Molly dolls? Maybe she would be happy if Santa brought that.

It is a very different world.

Anonymous said...

Please get her the doll, that is so cute!

Where in the world