Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas

Is it just me or was Christmas more fun when you were a kid? Does it seem like the hap-happiest time of the year has become the most expensive time of the year? Seriously, what happened to celebrating the true meaning of Christmas? I think every year we should skip the gifts and go on a family vacation. Every year I think, next year we will go to Cancun. Disney world would be nice. Every year there is some reason we don't just skip Santa and spend some quality family time together. I want to make some memories. I bet my kids can't even tell you what they got last year. They do know what they want this year, a cell phone, a lap top, among other things. What happened to wanting a stinking Barbie, or a G.I. Joe? Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. I hate that my kids won't all be home. I guess that's why I have a bad attitude about it all. Every other year I have a hard time. Every other year we eat at Jack-in-the-Box on Christmas Day. I do look forward to that. NOT! This is the first year Lala is really old enough to get the Christmas thing. Oh, not the whole Jesus's birthday thing, but the Santa stuff we got down. Sorry to rant. Can't seem to help it today.

4 comments:

Cass said...

Carissa is in a "give me" stage. It makes me want to forget Santa too.

Don't worry. We all need to rant every now and then.

laurice. said...

Thank you! I have been feeling the same way.

Laydee said...

sounds like your having the kind of week i am...the kind where you might run away to australia.

the christmas thing i give a big AMEN to- i hate the whole music two months early, buy gifts, buy decor, and that's just for 3 of us!! It amazes me EVERY YEAR how lame the world has gotten...or maybe i'm just a humbug.

Elder Romney's mission said...

I agree about the Christmas thing, someday I would like to hole myself up and enjoy it and not have to go to some program or party every day!!!

Where in the world