Friday, July 11, 2008

McAllen

I lived in McAllen TX for more than 2 years. I don't miss it. It makes home seem as dry as the desert. It is always miserable going there now. Too many terrible memories. Just driving there made me want to cry. We are going to get Bubba and Muffy for the weekend. We are going to Six Flags. It should be a lot of fun. I am so excited to see them. I find it very interesting how a place or a thing can drag you back to happy or not happy times. I'm sitting next to Dear, in a really happy time, and yet dragged back into time when life wasn't so happy. I feel like I'm drowning in it. I hope when I get the kids back I can resurface. Sorry to be such a Debby Downer.

6 comments:

Elena said...

I'm going to hate that place to now! You know what place I do miss? San Antonio, not the best circumstances but we always made them the best times! Listening to Shakira will never be the same again...

Laydee said...

Everyone has those days, people and places that just make you feel low... I'm sorry you get to drive to yours regularly, but that should make it feel all the better to drive your kids back home to share in your happy days, people and place!
oh- and eclairs make lots of things better...:)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I know what you mean. I've got a place like that. However, I feel that the more I visit that place, the less I associate the bad memories with it as I make new ones there.

Cass said...

Call me when you get back. We'll do something fun. :-)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I totally hate putting clothes away, too! I don't know why it seems so difficult, but it does. I also hate putting dishes away from the dishwasher. I don't know why, but I do!

The Sweet Life of Us said...

Remember how much fun we had when I flew out for the kids party...My luggage didnt get there till the next day, we got pulled over for expired tag's, and my flight was delayed on the way out...ha ha...good times :) South Padre was so much fun though. Miss you!

Where in the world