Thursday, July 17, 2008

Paradise Canyon

We went to Paradise Canyon, just outside of San Antonio. It was a beautiful place. We had a great time together.



Lala and Muffy floated like this for hours. Lala fell asleep on her sister a few times. We had a very relaxing day. Bubba and Muffy were glad to see their sisters but not as glad as Baby and Lala were to see them. When we took them back Lala cried and begged them not to go. It was heart wrenching. We took her and bought a chocolate shake. Chocolate shakes fix everything when you are 2.

I stayed up until 3 in the morning making this woppy for my nephew J.L. . It looks really cute in the picture and if you never see it close up you might think I knew what I was doing. I don't. It turned out okay. I just hope it makes it through the first wash.


So I got a package in the mail today from my mother-in-law. She is so great. She sent a ton of cute little summer things and a sock monkey, (which is something I have been really wanting so I was excited) for Baby's birthday. Lala was very indignant. "What nothing for me?", she asked. I explained it was from Grandma Darling and it was for Baby's birthday. She got a content look on her face and exclaimed, " That's okay, Mom will buy ME lots of summer clothes. My mom is "Mom" to my kids because when they were little I would visit, my sisters were still home and we all called her Mom, so they did too. I told Mom about this because it made me laugh. How quickly they learn how to push our buttons. Well true enough, Mom will have a package here for Lala by the time we get home from Idaho. Spoiled little #*%+!

4 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That quilt is gorgeous? How about making two for me!

Laydee said...

ah haha- that sounds like your kid

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I make JOHN get up and check the kids, too! Especially when I'm pregnant and don't want to climb stairs!

The Sweet Life of Us said...

The quilt turned out so cute Amanda!!! make me one for me wedding! :)

Your kids are adorable...i cant beleive how big B & H are...

Where in the world