Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Loser

I am a total loser. I know. And knowing is half the battle, right? The harder I try to keep my house clean the more impossible it becomes. The harder I try to be a good Mom, the more my kids want. As soon as I resolve to quit swearing someone pulls out in front of me or cuts me off. I decide to keep up with the laundry and Stephanie Meyer decides to put out a new book. (I finished it in less than 2 days even with taking Lala to the potty 14,958 times, listening to Muffy talk absolute nonsense, and refereeing whose turn it was on the Wii/computer, making bread, dinner, and making sure my house was clean in case the health department showed up.) I've neglected this blog, the pile of laundry on the table, the bathroom floor, and all the chores I had lined up for the kids before school starts. I have been on a "diet" for more than a week. Really. I have actually deprived myself of things I eat all the time and still have not lost a single pound. I despise Slim Fast. I. Hate. Exercise. I want to be skinny and soft. Not thin and toned. Really.

I may be a total loser and not the biggest loser, but hey, really if these are my biggest complaints, I'd say I got it pretty good huh? At least I can go shopping whenever I need to brighten my day. My kids are great sports about doing, whatever. Dear is happy, doing what he loves. That makes me happy. I actually got to sit down and read a whole book. Wow! Was I complaining? No. Lets just chalk it up to being honest. Knowing is half the battle. Right?

3 comments:

Cass said...

We love you just the way you are, Amanda! Besides, if you are a loser (by your description), then what does that make me? Maybe we should start a losers anonymous. We have to discuss the book on Sunday!

The Sweet Life of Us said...

I could go for thin or skinny, I dont have a preference... Your not a looser Amanda. You are just spoiled. :)

Meredith said...

I have only lost a pound or two so far. We have like 10 weeks still I think. I can't wait to come see you guys!

Where in the world