Friday, August 15, 2008

Mom's Night Out



So I asked Dear in the beginning of the week if it would be alright if he stayed home with the kids one night so I could go out and have some alone time. He graciously agreed. We planned it for Thursday, but because I haven't been feeling well I didn't go. So I went out tonight. I decided I would go see a movie and then go to dinner. By myself. I had been very excited all week about my night out. I did my hair and makeup. I planned where I would go for dinner. I didn't even eat much all day so it would be that much better. So Dear came home early. I passed him Baby and I was out the door. Freedom.
I drove to the movie theater. It was so quiet in the truck. No screaming, fighting, and no millions of questions. The truth is I missed them. I wanted to go home. I stopped at Target and bought a popcorn popper, looked at the movies and realized we had so many at home we have never seen. So I came home. What can I say? I'm a family girl. I thought I wanted some time alone, I guess not. We watched a movie with the kids who were very excited to see me. Baby kissed me over and over and Lala even said she loved me. (Which she hardly ever says.) Bubba and Muffy came and laid on me and Dear. It was great. Maybe I should go out more often just so they can be happy to see me come back.

3 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Wow, I don't usually feel like that when I get a girl's night out! You are really something!

Cass said...

:) Your kids are the greatest! It's no wonder you missed them. I know that for me just a trip to the store alone is enough of a break...most the time anyway.

Glad you had a good night.

The Sweet Life of Us said...

So does that mean you arent going to come and visit any more???

Where in the world