Friday, August 22, 2008

What'cha Gonna do?


Today I took the Darling kids out shopping for last minute school supplies. I don't recommend shopping at the last minute. Silliness. While I was at the second store I came across the as seen on t.v. stuff. I bought a couple different items. Bubba did his impression of the guy who shouts all the commercials, it was just too funny. I had a basket full of kids and stuff. I got to the register and I told the kids they could each pick a drink. So, I was trying to put the stuff on the belt, keep Lala and Baby in the basket, keep track of the other kids, stop Lala and Baby from opening candy bars, and dying for a Coke. The check out lady was highly amused by the circus. I told the kids to watch the girls while I went in search of a Coke. I turned around for 2 seconds. When I looked again Lala was opening up some lip gloss and Baby was chewing on a dog toy. (When I asked about the dog toy they said "She likes it!") I swiped my card, opened my Coke, and gathered my kids together. When we got to the car everyone got buckled in, I turned on the air and the radio and tuned out the the fighting, crying, screaming, kicking, singing, and questions. I sat there for just 5 seconds in heaven with my Coke. Soon enough it was time to make the drive home. When we got home I asked my kids to get the Girls,bags, trash, toys, towels, and anything else they found, out of the car. I sat in silence for 3 minutes. In those three minutes I glanced at my receipt. I was charged twice for 2 high dollar items. I never even glanced at the total before, it was way off. (Sorry Dear!) So, my dilemma, how much would it take to be worth loading those kids back into the car and going back to the store? Now mind you, I don't live close to any store and the one I was at was about 25 minutes away. I did have a Coke. All I can say is after adding up the total I was overcharged, I couldn't think of a number that would make it worth getting everyone back in the car, standing in line, and what if they didn't believe me? Nope,( sorry Dear) we are taking this one in the shorts.

3 comments:

Cass said...

They were probably distracted by the circus. I just love shopping with all the kids. It stinks they overcharged you though. Bring it up next time you go in...it wouldn't hurt anything to try.

Laydee said...

Nice... at least it was something you could live without...I love the days you get to the store and NEED soemthing, and get all the way home without it...usually a cleaning or cooking need for THAT DAY...or something worse! But, if you do have too much money...my wallet is always looking for friends- lol

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I am TOTALLY with you on that one. I LOVE having older kids so I don't have to take my little ones shopping all the time. Now, not worth the money to go back!

Where in the world