When I was about 6 or 7 my sister Faith and I were in a school talent show. She played the piano and I was going to sing along. I don't have a clear recollection of that time, but I think she wasn't too happy about my singing . I think her piano playing was the show and I got to sing so as not to be left out. Anyway, She played I sat on the stage and forgot what I was supposed to be doing. Stage fright. I ended up more like a bad prop to her playing.
When the Primary Presidency announced a talent show for their quarterly Primary activity I was not very excited. I actually hoped they would do it while all the kids were gone. No such luck. Dear and I bribed the kids with dinner and a movie that night so we didn't have to go. I have caught a lot of flack for missing but more for not taking the kids and letting them participate. The boys didn't mind missing. Muffy would have liked to be in it. So today after church we held our own Darling Family Talent Show.




3 comments:
Don't feel too bad about missing the talent show. We missed you, but hey, it was just one activity. And at least you had fun providing service the next day!
go you- talent shows have always made me queasy...some kids show off, some stink and no one tells them, and some... more or less sit on the stage :)never been my thing- and I pretty much hated my mom for MAKING me do the few I was in, or dragging me to see what I didn't care to. I figure talent is personal and if shown, great-but not in a one night church party way. Is that mean??
I'm not a big fan of talent shows either. I attended one in high school, and it was really just an excuse to hang out late at night. Some talents were fun, but not many. Don't feel bad, cuz I didn't go either. :P
Post a Comment