Heck yeah it was. When I was little the day after Thanksgiving was turkey taco day. We ALWAYS go to Mexico for Thanksgiving. We ALWAYS eat turkey tacos the next day. I can eat up to 15 turkey tacos. I can almost keep up with my brothers.
This year I joined some friends for some black Friday shopping. We got up at 4:15am. The Wal-mart closest to me happens to be in a town where I am a minority. I'm pretty sure it was African-American Friday there. Let's just say I saw some actual fisticuffs, and heard some pretty foul language. Anytime somebody got ugly I would smile and wish them a Merry Christmas. It was crazy out there. But, I was extremely successful. More successful than any of my friends who went to much more affluent cities around the metroplex. I got everything on my list and many items on their lists. I then drove to hit Micheal's and Target, Joannes, Sports Authority, Old Navy, (where I promptly walked out, nothing they have is worth that kind of time) we had some breakfast and they were off. I came home. It was 9:30am. I can only say I had the most fun, it was like winning the big game. I can't say if I'll ever participate again, I was kinda scared at one point. But alas, I was victorious in my first black Friday experience.
Dear however says we will be going to Mexico for Thanksgiving from now on. It is too expensive to stay in the States.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Congrats on a successful Black Friday!
Turkey tacos for you next year? :-)
Hey, I'm not as brave as you are. there's nothing out there I want worth fighting those mobs! You brave woman you! :-)
We did he same. Too much fun right? I love african-american Friday.. which it will probably soon be named anyway. Miss you. call me today or tommorrow.
I'm glad you had fun. Did you hear about the Walmart employee that was trampled to death by the crowd? Scary. The Amazon.com black Friday sale is more my speed.
I'll have to tell my fil, Juan, about turkey tacos. He'll love that :)
Did you get the 50 In. flat screen TV? That is the only thing I can think of to get up that early for
Wished I got all on my list! Not even close!
lol-yeah, adam insists on going with me to shop black friday... and i know you can make turkey tacos-but i guess it's never the same (no one shreds cabbage like your old man)
Post a Comment