Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Snake


The other night Dear and I decided to watch a movie with the kids. We watched Journey to the Center of the earth. Afterwards they wanted to sleep on the floor in the living room. We agreed it would be better if they went to bed. Muffy and I were up chatting and I went into the kitchen to get something. When I went back in the kitchen to put it away I noticed something strange on the floor. A snake. Gilbert had played with it to death. I freaked a little bit. Dear came and took the snake out, but how did it get in? Gilbert is an inside cat. I have a bunch of dumb cats outside just for this reason. I am not a cat lover, but I love Gilbert. He's a good cat.

I love living in the country. I just wish we had fewer small creepy creatures. Seriously though, how did it get in? I won't be walking around in the dark for awhile, that's for sure.

3 comments:

Cass said...

I'm glad Gilbert is such a good cat. I'd be going crazy trying to find how the snake got in!

Anonymous said...

snake: sneaky sneaky creature
he snuck in!
what a snake!!!!

lucky u to have gilbert.i miss mama kitty.she was so good at keeping her home ( we were so lucky she let us live with her)and yard free of sneaky creatures!remember how she would present us with her kill? put it on the outside mat and yowl and yowl until we told her how wonderful she was and how proud we were.. and only then would she take it off to dipose of it. i sure miss her. she took good care of us...

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

OH MY HECK! I would spend every waking hour trying to figure that out! Good thing the kids were on the floor in the LR! And good kitty. He looks like a good kitty cat! I think he'd get a special treat today! Being thankful for Gilbert would be high on my list today! ♥
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Where in the world