Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

We started our early morning scripture study again this year. It is so great to hear how my kids have progressed. They are awesome readers. Afterwards Dear had to take Oz to get registered, so I didn't have a chance to get pictures of the first day of sixth grade.

Bubba and Muffy were so excited this morning. They got up early and got ready and then helped me get Lala and Baby ready too. I sure will miss all the help while they are at school.
Muffy was so embarrassed to have her mom trying to take pictures in front of all her friends. I finally told her I wasn't leaving until she looked at me. She decided I meant it.
Bubba's teacher is new this year. She seemed a no nonsense sort of lady. The bell hadn't even rung yet and she had the kids busy. I had to get this one from the door, it's not too cool having your mom kiss you in front of the other kids when you are in the fourth grade.
Lala was VERY sad. She cried all the way home. When we got home we cried together. I bribed her with Teddy Grahams and some Dora the Explorer.
Yesterday after church Baby got herself all dressed up. She did it by herself. I couldn't believe it. My Baby is growing up too quickly. She hardly had time to stop so I could get a picture of her getup. I'm afraid to blink these days. I'm afraid if I do I might be taking her to kindergarten.

3 comments:

Cass said...

They sure are growing up! Bubba and Muffy seem so grown up sometimes that I forget how young they still are, even if they wish they were older at times.

Poor Lala looks so sad. We'll have to get together for a playdate sometime.

Baby looks like she had fun dressing up. Maybe you should borrow that hat for the wedding...:-)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I cannot believe how big your baby is! Amazing!

Laydee said...

ah- they all look so cute! poor lala... dang she'll be in school soon too! But you can come play with our babies when yours get bigger.

Where in the world