Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Goats


Bubba Darling and Muffy Darling both got baby goats last weekend. Bubba bought his with money from his birthday. I bribed Muffy to come with us for hers. Bubba named his "Laura", and Muffy named her goat "Red Baby". Dear spent the day outside reconfiguring his Pheasant pen into a goat pen. These silly little goats think that life might be better if they ran up the creek, where they would surely be dinner for some starving bobcat. Or maybe a lucky coyote would get them first. They sure are lucky little goats. Lucky that Dear cares enough for them to go chasing after them up the creek in the middle of the night to save them from certain death. Risking life and limb (or at least pneumonia). It was a cold dark night and there was water up to his knees. Silly dumb goats.
We didn't make it to church today. We are all suffering from some sort of ailment. Another quiet day at home. The kids and I spent the afternoon folding clothes and watching movies. Baby Darling is into everything. She is my first child to put EVERYTHING she can get her little mitts on into her mouth. Dangerous. I love her so. She is standing up all by herself quite well these days. Lala is feeling better today. Life is better when Lala feels better. Oz will come home from his moms this evening. He has been there for awhile. I miss him and I am glad he will be home soon.

No comments:

Where in the world