Monday, March 31, 2008

The WallyWorld Date

I rarely shop with all of my kids. It is expensive and exasperating. They each had some money to spend and kept bothering me all day to take them to Wal-mart. I was grouchy, tired and didn't want to go anywhere. Dear was late getting home, we had eaten dinner without him. He finally came in and I suggested he stay with the little girls while I take the 3 older kids to spend their money. He didn't go for it. We did not want to go out. After much debate and some constant begging from the kids we left for Wal-mart. We don't live close to any stores. It was close to 8o'clock. On a Friday night. At Wal-mart. Crazy.
We had a ball. Muffy, Oz, and Bubba headed for the toy section. Dear and I went to look at hardware. Lala grabbed and threw things into the cart at random. Baby was just happy to be out. We all met up at different times and looked at fun stuff. We were in the books and magazine section for over an hour. So what did we get? Not one thing we needed. It was so fun.
Saturday Muffy woke up with poison ivy. She gets it so horribly. Bless her heart. I took her to the doctor and she got her shot. We spent the rest of the day moving furniture and bedrooms around. So ambitious, I know. Sunday we all cleaned the kitchen after dinner and then we sat around folding laundry and matching socks. Dear and I told tales about how life was for us growing up. We tried to one up each other on the crazy things we did. It's a toss up on who had the better stories but the kids sat there with wide eyes and ate it up. It was great. We laughed and folded for hours. Then we all went out for Ice Cream. It was a really nice time together.

No comments:

Where in the world