Saturday, March 15, 2008

I lost Lala

I went the store yesterday. It was a small department store, they were having fantastic sales. I had Lala and Baby darling. There were no baskets. I didn't bring my stroller because I took everything out to make room for Bubba and Muffy's suitcases. (They went to spend a week at their grandparents.) I had baby darling in on one arm and Lala by the hand. I looked around and Lala grabbed up some decorative Easter eggs. They were pretty, but way over priced. Anyway, we were there awhile, I stopped to check a price tag on a too cute skirt and Lala darted. I called her back, but she was gone. I started looking for her under the clothes racks but she was nowhere to be found. I asked a sales lady if she had seen her and I described her. She hadn't seen her. There were a few customers around me who also started looking for her. Minutes were going by. I was getting panicky. I asked several other sales people. No one had seen her, I was calling her frantically and crying. They finally made an announcement asking everyone to look. I checked the dressing rooms and restrooms. She was gone.

Finally, someone found her on the other side of the store hiding under a clothes rack opening the little bucket of eggs. I was so happy to see her and wanted to spank her bottom all at the same time. She was completely non pulsed. Crazy kid.



Dear and I were out planting our garden this morning.(okay, just dear was planting our garden but I would lend my moral support from time to time.) I think it is so funny that we spend hundreds of dollars planting a garden every year. We only get maybe 20 dollars worth of veggies from it. Seriously, we could feed our family for 2 weeks on what we put into our garden every year. Why do we do it? Because Muffy says we are farmers. Because we are supposed to. Because I love making my kids pull weeds. It makes me feel like a good mom. I just hope the cows don't get into it and eat the beans again this year. I also think it is so funny we plant radishes every year. Nobody even likes them. Why do we do it? Because they are the one thing that always grow really well. Not to mention there is just something very satisfying about growing your own food.

No comments:

Where in the world