Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On Hold

Do you ever feel like you spend a lot of time on hold? Seriously, I hate being left on hold. It seems like when you are on hold time stands still. Minutes become hours. A recorded voice comes on and lets you know all lines are busy, you are important, and we will be with you as soon as possible. Is there only one person working there or what? All right, I am done ranting. I have spent too much time on hold lately what can I say.
Last night I went to bed early. It was early for me. I left the dishes undone. I left folded laundry on the floor. Dear went to the store to buy milk for the kids to have with their breakfast. I was in bed when he came home. I was exhausted. I didn't watch my shows and I didn't care. I went to bed and this morning I woke up happy, relieved, not exhausted. I am going to have to work things out so I can get to bed earlier. Life is better with sleep.
After I pick up my kids from school I have to go to the Post Office. The Post Office is scary when you have a lot of kids. Especially when you have more than one thing to do there. You stand in line, there are 10 people in front of you. There are 2 cashiers, one is talking to her customer about her vacation plans. The other customer is complaining about how her mail man always leaves her mail box door open. Baby Darling is screeching. Lala is hanging off the counter like a monkey. Muffy and Bubba are hitting each other and dodging the others hits. Accidentally knocking into the person in front of me, who turns around and gives me the, "can't you control your kids look", I smile politely, and ask the kids to settle down. They don't. I ask again. They don't. I give them the, "If you don't settle down right now, you will be sorry" look. They settle down for a few seconds until something else sets them off. Yes, I love the Post Office. Good times. Honestly, I would rather be left on hold

No comments:

Where in the world