All is well. Baby seems to be feeling better. Of course, I won't know for sure until I get ready to go to bed. That is usually when the fever hits. Dear and the kids went to church. Baby and I stayed home and watched Sex and the City. I know it is terrible but I love that stupid show. I guess it is a world so different from mine that it fascinates me. Seriously, I am the same age as those girls and I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to be single, dating, childless, and having nothing better to do than bar hop, bed hop, and buy expensive shoes. I rationalize my curiosity by saying I just love shoes. If I cannot wear Jimmy Choos, can I not at least just enjoy watching someone else wear them? Anyway, I for one am very disappointed the movie is rated R.
I just received some sad news. I have a friend I don't see or talk to very much, but I love dearly. She was 18 weeks pregnant and found out on Friday she lost the baby. This hit me pretty hard. I am so sad for her. She and her husband have been trying to have another baby for along time. I know I complain about the hectic-ness that is my life, but I love it. I love being a mom. I adore my children. They do make me crazy. Being up at 4 in the morning with a sick baby is hard. I cherish that quiet time with her. Maybe my kids don't realize what we sacrifice to have them, keep them happy, and hopefully teach them to be good people, I hope someday they will. I finally realize the sacrifices my mom and dad made. Funny how something hits you hard and you stop and notice how lucky you really are. I have been so blessed. I grew up in a wonderful home with people I am very proud to call my friends. I have a wonderful husband who thinks I am pretty great. (Boy, is he in for it when it hits him I am not so great after all.) I have happy, healthy, sweet kids, who really try to make good choices. I live in a crappy old house, but it is mine and I love it. I know how fortunate I am to have it. Heavenly Father must truly love me a lot to have blessed me so much.
The Darling girls.




No comments:
Post a Comment