Saturday, May 3, 2008

tractors



Today, we went to the tractor supply store and we spent a fortune on little John Deere tractors. When I was a kid my brothers and sisters and I had a lot of little tractors and we would set up little farms. I remember playing in the dirt for hours and hours. It was so much fun changing things around "planting crops" and even "crop dusting". The one with the biggest tractor was the "boss man" and the rest of us were farm hands. We had irrigation systems. We had all the equipment necessary to run a real farm. Anyway, we bought farm tractors and the kids had a great time playing and setting up their farm. I had to go help them, of course, but we had a really good time playing in the mud.





Dear took the older kids to buy some chickens today. He came home with 15 chickens, blue wyandottes, and 3 ducks, pekin ducks. I will post pictures later. We got our first egg today. It is worth $120. Hopefully we can keep the bobcats out of the coop this time around. It will be nice to have fresh eggs again. Mom, I know you don't like them. I promise if you come visit I will buy you store bought eggs.

1 comment:

Cass said...

What a great picture of the kids! I love it. And I am so impressed you got all 5 of them looking at the camera and smiling. Wish I could do that.

Where in the world