Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Darling!


I guess I will have to come up with a better nickname, she won't be a baby much longer.

She seems to have grown so much just this last week. We had a ball last night. Good food. Good friends. Good times! Bubba caught a baby turtle down at the pond. Muffy got filthy playing in the mud. Lala had a great time with all her friends. Half the time I had no idea where she was. When it started getting dark and the guys started the bonfire, (How many babies get a bonfire at their first birthday party?) I did make sure I knew where she was. I'm a little bummed I didn't get to roast a marshmallow. Ram and Sadie ate until I thought they might pop. Little thieves stole off all the kids plates. The cake was beautiful, and more important yummy. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I seemed to be occupied at all times. It seems we have a lot of parties around here but we enjoy them so much I always wonder why we don't do it more often. The weather has been perfect. I promised Muffy I would paint her nails and she is hounding me. Dear and the kids bought me the nicest porch swing for Mother's Day, so Dear spent the day putting it together. It is lovely. I know if I can keep the critters off of it, we will enjoy it for a long time. Good luck with that, huh? We had a great weekend. I hope you all did too.

2 comments:

Cass said...

We had a great time Amanda! Thanks again for the fun and friendship.

The Sweet Life of Us said...

I love your dress! I want it!

Where in the world