My sister Emily is getting married on the 17th of January. She is having one of those super fancy weddings all little girls dream of. She has asked me and our other sisters to be bridesmaids. So, I got my dress. The one she asked us to wear. I ordered it a size larger than I thought I would need. It doesn't fit me. I cannot zip it up. So sad. So this along with 2 very rude comments from very dear friends has lead me to believe it is time to diet. I, along with everyone else in the world, hate the thought of that word. I was so sure when I weaned Baby the pounds would just drop off me. Not so much. My life seems pretty bleak until January. I know the only thing I overindulge in is Cokes. Dear says my only solution is to exercise. I will not exercise. I don't believe in it. Seriously. He then suggests I start drinking Diet Cokes. I thought he loved me. So, my options:
1.Exercize
2. Quit the Cokes
Who has time to exercize? I"ll just be honest and admit I'm not going to do it. So that leaves giving up on Cokes. Honestly, I've tried before, the Amanda my friends and family know and love ceases to exsist and instead I become a monster. A monster with a headache. So what do you think? A large sweater that covers up the unzipped part? I can't get it bigger. They sold out. Sucks to be me. Long story short, (too late.) I'm cutting back on the Cokes. Fair warning.....
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Good luck....Derrick tried and at first he was a grouch! I believe I the one who recommended he stop gave him one and said please drink this. He slowly just started drinking less and less and now he hasn't had one in months. Maybe you should start by having a limit rather than not having any???
One more thing...don’t worry wedding and brides maids dresses always run small. You look great.
We'll still love you no matter what, Amanda!
I say you're fine (and I mean FINE) as you are. I say we burn the dress, skip the wedding, pack an ice chest filled with Cokes, and go to Disneyland!
Dear
large sweater over the dress sounds like a good idea to me...after all it's Jan. I mean it's winter right?
I would hate to be in your shoes...I do drink diet drinks...while I sit and eat fritos!
this cracked me up...fair warning!LOL
HOW ABOUT A CORSETT? DAD G
i dont believe it! give up cokes?? wow. my world as i know it has ceased to exist. ;) you can do it!! its just for a few months. my husband convinced me to give up coke when we were first dating...it lasted about 2 months- but the moment i went to mexico it was all over. there is just no saying no to a mexican coke with a lime. mmmmm. but good luck! :)
If you let your hair grow long it'll cover the zipper.
If it's caffeine you're after in the coke, go check out http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/AN01211 Look at diet vs. classic. :)
Post a Comment