Thursday, October 2, 2008

Palin, Biden and the Ice Cream Contest

The much anticipated debate just ended. We had pizza and ice cream to make a party of it. Amanda bought three different kinds of ice cream. I was given the middle class Blue Bell vanilla/chocolate pint. Amanda and Elena had the eastern elite of ice creams . . . Ben & Jerry's. We passed the pints around and held a vote. One of the Ben & Jerry's pints won, but I sided with my blue collar Blue Bell.

Although we split the ticket on the ice cream, I think we three were all rooting for Palin to win the debate. Of course, there was some anxiety that our favored candidate might falter. However, after ninety minutes of back and forth, our sweet tooths and our political sensibilities have both been satisfied. Can't ask for much more on a Thursday evening.

Now, I must go watch Karl Rove beat up on Alan Colmes. I might have to break out some more ice cream for that.

3 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh I think she held her own too...but you know the media is going to rip her apart! I hate the media!

laurice. said...

what a great night! So what flavor won???

faith celeste said...

Sounds like a good way to spend a Thursday night to me. I missed the debate, but they had her slaughtered before it even started. I just hope people will see the truth of it all before it's too late.

Where in the world