Monday, September 29, 2008

Lala's Birthday/Fair Day 2008

We spent Lala's birthday at the State Fair of Texas.
Elena loved the camel. I think it reminded her of Cody.
Lala loved feeding the goats with Dear. Baby would have nothing to do with any of the animals.
These are our little clowns. "Tree" is Bubba's brother from another mother. They are bestest friends and we would really like to keep him forever. His Momma likes him so I guess we'll just take him on loan when we get the chance. I think Lala thinks he is her brother. Tree just goes to visit his mom like Oz goes to visit his mom.

Dear, Elena and I raced to the top. Dear kicked our bums. I would just like to say I was on the blue, and it was the hardest. Yellow was the easiest.
Can't have a fair without a longhorn. We would really like to get a couple of these around the ranch. Maybe they would help with the bobcat problem. Isn't this the coolest thing ever?
This is the biggest pig alive. The one last year was bigger, but he died. So sad.
We take a family picture on this hay bale every year. It's just fun to see how much the kids have grown.
So, after the fair we went downtown to eat dinner at the Iron Cactus. We have a friend who is a manager there. While we were there, I saw this man who looked very familiar. It was Jeremy from the Bachelorette. So funny. I really wanted to take a picture for my blog, but I didn't want to be obnoxious, so I'll settle for this one. Later, CBS 11 was out interviewing folks. The kids thought this was all really cool. We had a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Elena said...

What a great day we had! You forgot to tell about the horrible ride we went on, lets never do that again, I was soooo so sick! I'm getting sick just thinking about it...

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

wow how fun! Looks like it was really a great day! And seeing the Jeremy...whoa...that's BIG!

Cass said...

Sounds like you all had fun!

Alison said...

You got to see the biggest pig alive? Lucky! I miss the State Fair. If I'd known you were going I'd have told you to say howdy to "Big Tex" for me. We're old friends.

DayDreamingDeviantOld said...

The Bachelorette? Seriously? I guess this show fits you pretty good, but it's still funny to think about you watching it. It's even funnier having you oogle someone from the show. =)

Where in the world