Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crapola!

I'm not sure that is a word. I say it all the time. Today I said it a lot. Lala is turning three on Monday. I called and booked one of those bounce house places over 2 weeks ago for Saturday. I had invitations made. I sent them in the mail to all her friends in Nursery and Sunbeams. Even the new kids I don't know very well. Today the place called me to get headcount and finalize party preparations. When I was talking to the girl on the phone we went over all the details except the time. When I mentioned the time she said no I was mistaken, instead of 2-4pm I had the 4-6.WHAT? No way I screwed this up. I was so sad. I called my lawyer/Dear and did what many woman do, I cried. Dear checked my e-mail. I was right. It said 2-4pm, it wasn't my mistake. Unfortunately, that doesn't help me out. The place is booked for another party from 2-4. The Relief Society broadcast is starts at 5 so the 4-6 slot won't work. I'm pretty much screwed. My poor Lala is was excited and has asked me every morning for 2 weeks if today is her "birday". So it looks like I will have to call and cancel with everyone I invited. Sure wish I would have kept a running list of all the invitations I sent out. Sure wish I wouldn't have invited the new families in the Ward who don't know me and what a total spaz I am. I just want to say this makes me really, really sad. At least I didn't yell or scream or cuss the girl out like the other mother who they had booked from 2-4. I hear she was a real dream.

5 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I'm with you. Crapola! The word fits in this case for sure!
I wish there was something they would do for you to make it right.
I am so sorry!

Cass said...

If it were me I would've lost it...have you tried another bounce house place? If you want a second option, have it at your house. I'll even offer up my house. I have a pinata I can throw into the mix too. :-)

laurice. said...

That sucks! And look at your dedication to the relief society broadcast...I’m impressed I totally forgot about it!

faith celeste said...

Your husbands a lawyer, can't you find a way to sue em?

DayDreamingDeviantOld said...

I think Crapola is a great word. It even rhymes with Crayola! Actually I got in trouble for this word because I said it all the time in college, and I mean all the time. I said it so much that all my close friends at the institute started saying it too. When their parents heard them say it, they all traced it back to me and told me to stop. I've done a little better since then, but it's still one of my favorite words.

Where in the world