I grew up in a fairly political home. I remember my parents watching debates. I remember some yelling at the T.V. during these debates. It wasn't until I was in college that I understood politics. We lived in Mexico so they didn't seem too important in my life while I was a teenager. When I was in college Bob Dole entered into my life. I was totally infatuated with Bob. I even had a Dole bumper sticker.( I won't even put a bumper sticker on my car for my kids honor roll or student of the month.) Yeah, I was devastated when Bob lost. I too was a loser. I remember when Clinton came to our campus to speak. I stayed home and sulked, fumed.

Dear is even worse than me. He lives and breaths politics. (Which doesn't help) We lived just fine without cable t.v. until election season came along. Then we had to get satellite to keep up with everything. We stay up long into the night watching the media and their take on everything. It really isn't pretty. It is maddening. So here lies the problem. I think it's making me crazy. I see a Obama bumper sticker and feel instant road rage. I live in a Republican county, so why do people put Obama stickers on their car? Usually, if I catch a glimpse of the occupant I calm down and think, " oh yeah, you would be a Democrat, I see" Which isn't very nice either. I'm sure there are some very nice reasonable Democrats out there. I just don't know any. There was a lady at church talking about how great public health care would be and I had to get up and leave the room.
I really try to be nice. I want to be a sweet, kind person. I really do. So, I'm working on it. If Mcain/Pailin don't win, I'm going to be okay. I just keep telling myself that.




6 comments:
What's wrong with people? They must need some sense smacked into them, mabey that's why they are fronting those bumber stickers. Mabey it's really a cry for help..
Your so funny!
Remind me to tell you the story about my Kindergartners and the president...
bob dole huh. how didnt i remember your thing for older men...
if obama wins we will be wishing forthe good ole days of clinton. and they went good at all.
Oh girlfriend...I feel your pain! I just HOPE I am going to be okay if they don't win. But alas, I am going to have HOPE AND FAITH...because FAITH proceeds the miracle! AND we sure need one!
I am the same way! My mom listens to talk radio all day about politics (and I do mean all day) It's maddening! If Obama wins help us all!
Post a Comment