Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lala's 3rd Birthday Party

Today, we celebrated Lala's birthday with her friends. Since plan A didn't work out Dear came up with a brilliant alternative. I called a great friend who owns a petting zoo/pony party, and she said," Amanda, don't worry! I'll hook you up!" Boy did she! She brought her safari themed party, the ponies (even the pink pony), she painted faces, she had rabbits, ducks, baby Guinea pigs, tortoises, chickens, baby goats, sheep, I know there was more but I can't think of anymore.

Elena was so great. I don't know what I would have done without her. Yes, I do, I would have been a basket case. I was out mowing last night and I ran over the water main out to the cattle's water trough. It broke and water was shooting everywhere. Dear was on his way to Galveston to help with the cleanup there. I was near tears. Throwing a party on a few hours notice is not my forte. But it turned out great. Thanks to some wonderful friends.

Attack of the crazy chicken. Just kidding, someone kind of threw it at us I think. Anyway, it was pretty funny!
Lala and the pinata. My Darling friend Cassandra donated a pinata to the party plans and the kids loved it!
Baby loved the ponies. She cried every time we took her off. She had such a great time playing with all the "big" kids. So everything worked out, everyone said plan B was more fun than plan A would have been. Lala had a wonderful time, and so did I. It was fabulous.


7 comments:

Cass said...

I'm glad you invited us. It was lots of fun. I'm glad everyone had a good time. I think everyone would have had fun no matter what. I'm amazed at how you held it all together. I would have lost it and been in tears for days.

Happy Birthday Lala! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there. Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

happy birthday miss m.looks like such a funtime!love you ALL!
mom

Anonymous said...

So much fun!! Want to plan my next childs bday for me??

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I am SO glad you found another plan to have birthday party. I know she was happy! Pictures look great!

Alison said...

Now, that's a part-ee!

Anonymous said...

dude!! i wanna come to this party!!

Where in the world