Thursday, September 4, 2008

Got Water?




So this morning I'm in the shower and I said, "Oh, %&*#", and Dear says,"Did you say something honey?", and I say, "I forgot to pay the water bill, I better do that today." I finish my shower. I get all the dirty clothes from all over the house, dump them out on the kitchen floor and proceed to sort through umpteen million 10 loads of laundry. I start my first load. I then call the water company and pay my bill. A friend calls and invites me to lunch and I'm off. Stuff happens. I pick up the kids. I wash my car. I take Muffy to Girl Scouts. We get home Muffy gets Lala and Baby undressed for their shower and you guessed it NO WATER! Seriously? I call the water company. The lady was so rude. She was just sad because I had payed it before they shut it off so now they have to come reconnect and I don't have to pay a fee. I mean it's the fourth day of the month people. Take it easy. Anyway, if they don't turn it back on in 20 minutes I will take my kids down to their office and give them a bath in the sink of their bathroom. (If you know me well, you know I will.) I will be very sweet about it though. The very worst part? My kitchen floor-covered in dirty clothes. Good times!

3 comments:

Cass said...

Stupid people can't communicate...Did they get it turned back on?

laurice. said...

Living in Mexico I know exactly how you feel....it's the worst. At least you weren’t covered in child throw up when it went out. That’s what happened to me the last time our water shut off.

Anonymous said...

I had flashbacks to a few months ago when this happened to me. Hello, I was in the shower soaping up my hair. Victor had to walk in at that moment and we had just had a long discussion about paying the bills on time. Long story short, I had to finish my shower via waterbottles. Thank goodness I had just bought a new pack. Yep, good times!

Where in the world