Friday, September 19, 2008

That's What'cha Get!

Funny Story. Not too long ago I confessed that I pretend not know how to do anything so I don't get asked to teach anything for Enrichment Activities. The people in my Ward are convinced I'm helpless when it comes to homemaking matters. Yeah, well, unfortunately the people in the Second Ward were not given the memo. That's right, I'm teaching a class at their Super Saturday tomorrow. Pretty last minute. They must have been desperate. I know they were. They asked a friend of mine first. She was too busy. Sadly, I was not blessed with the ability to lie. (I suck at lying! So if you don't want to know the truth about something, don't ask me.) So, I couldn't come up with any reason I couldn't help them out. I just sat on the phone in total silence while my brain was in a tizzy trying to come up with some reason I couldn't do it. I got nothing! So, yep, me, scared to death of speaking in public, giving a class tomorrow. I should have just been honest and said, "I don't want to!"

5 comments:

Cass said...

They say things like this will only make us better and stronger people. :) Be sure to let us know what you are teaching and how it goes. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.

faith celeste said...

Your grandpa died and you would really like to be with your family. No lies. They dont need details. It has happened to me many times.

laurice. said...

I hate giving classes also and it seems like I am always doing workshops and stuff for the teachers down here. So what do you have to teach???

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I love what Faith Celeste said! Too smart! LOL
I can't wait to hear how it went and what you did!
I don't know if I could come up with something last minute! It takes me FOREVER to prepare!

Anonymous said...

i got stuck teaching a class to 2nd ward too. i felt the same way as u do. then they had so much fun, were so appreciative,i actually enjoyed myself and was glad id done it. too bad any possible blessing was long gone for my attitude before i even got there...

Where in the world